Plastics: An Introduction to Injection Molding (Brazilian Portuguese)
- Course Format
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 66 to 132 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Interactive Producer
- A. Routsis Associates
- Original Content Producer
- A. Routsis Associates
This training, presented in Brazilian Portuguese, provides a general introduction to the plastics industry with a primary focus on the day-to-day operations of a typical injection molding facility.
Learners get familiar with a typical molding facility and are introduced to general plant safety, the molding process, molding machine components, basic material handling, injection mold terminology, and the common part defects.
New hires are recommended to take this course before participating in the Injection Molding Basics Series.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
For the Brazilian Portuguese-speaking worker just starting out or new to the injection molding industry who would like to learn more about plastics.
- Overview of Plastics and the Industry
- A Typical Molding Facility
- Job Positions in the Industry
- General Plant Safety
- Injection Molding Safety
- Introduction to the Molding Process
- Molding Machine Components
- Material Handling
- Functions of an Injection Mold
- Injection Mold Terminology
- Common Part Defects
- Recognize how vast the industry is and how plastics are divided into two groups.
- Know the different departments of an injection molding facility.
- Describe the typical roles of personnel within the plastics industry.
- Know who determines safety precautions and recognizing common warning signs.
- Use machine safety features & follow lock-out or tag-out procedures.
- Understand how plastic pellets are transformed into molded parts.
- Identify some of the basic components of an injection molding machine.
- Be aware of the different ways that material is supplied and how to handle it.
- Recognize the functions that an injection mold must perform successfully.
- Know that a mold consists of a series of plates grouped into two halves.
- Identify some of the more common part defects.