Plastics: Single Screw Extrusion: Material Handling
- Course Format
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 34 to 68 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Interactive Producer
- A. Routsis
- Original Content Producer
- A. Routsis Associates
The seventh in the series of eight Single Screw Extrusion training programs, "Single Screw Extrusion: Material Handling" is designed to provide training to anyone working in a production environment. Each course uses 3D animation and actual production footage to demonstrate complex concepts. Important safety precautions are stressed throughout these training programs.
This training stresses the importance of proper material handling - from delivery to feedthroat; covers various vacuum conveyance and hopper loader systems; identifies the problems associated with not drying hygroscopic materials; and details ways to blend materials while avoiding material contamination.
Tailored for Single Screw Extruders, these training courses provide specific information for all extruders from blown film to profile extrusion. Whether you use single stage or vented extruders, the information will relate to the equipment, materials, and processes operating at your facility.
This training series with help teach any employee the concepts relating to the machine, material, process, quality, startup, shutdown, problem solving, material handling as well as the correct terminology associated with Single Screw Extrusion.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
For all personnel involved in Single Screw Extrusion.
- Receiving Material
- Moisture-Related Problems
- Know the common problems that can occur from improper material handling.
- Know how to properly maintain in-plant conveying of plastic material.
- Know how to properly dry both hygroscopic and non-hygroscopic materials.
- Know the possible causes of moisture-related problems.
- Identify the differences between volumetric and gravimetric blending equipment.
- Know the severity and possible causes of material contamination.