Blueprint Reading: Sectional Views
- Course Format
- Product ID
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Training Time ?
- 43 to 86 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Interactive Producer
- A Routsis
- Original Content Producer
- A. Routsis Associates
Sectional Views is the third of a six part training series on reading blueprints. These courses are based on ANSI standards and incorporate input from a broad industrial population.
In this training, users learn to determine which portion of the part is shown in section. The course explains the purpose of section lines and identifies the ways in which they are used. Finally, users learn to identify and interpret the common drafting conventions applied to sectional views.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
Anyone working with engineering drawings.
- Visualizing Sectional Views
- Section Lines
- Half Sections
- Offset and Aligned Sections
- Broken-out and Auxiliary Sections
- Revolved Sections
- Removed Sections
- Drafting Conventions
- Recognize the different types of sectional views.
- Identify the common characteristics that appear in sectional views.
- Classify the patterns that are used for section lines.
- Interpret half sections that are noted on a drawing.
- Explain how offset and aligned sections are used.
- Know how broken-out sections are used on a drawing.
- Recognize when and how a sectional view has been revolved.
- Identify when a section has been removed from a drawing.
- Be aware of the common drafting conventions used within the industry.