Plastics: Plastics: Twin Screw Extrusion: The Extruder
- Course Format
- Product ID
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Training Time ?
- 39 to 78 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Interactive Producer
- A. Routsis
- Original Content Producer
- A. Routsis Associates
"Twin Screw Extrusion: The Extruder" discusses the drive system of the extruder, the material feed system, the entire screw and barrel assembly, the die and adaptor, and the extruder control system.
Tailored for Twin Screw Extruders, this training course provides specific information for profile, pipe, or compounding extruders. Whether you use a co-rotating or counter rotating extruder, the information will relate to the equipment, materials, and processes operating at your facility.
This training helps teach any employee the concepts relating to the machine, material, process, quality, startup, shutdown, problem solving, material handling as well as the correct terminology associated with Twin Screw Extrusion.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
For all personnel involved in Twin Screw Extrusion.
- Drive System
- Feed System
- Screw and Barrel
- Adaptor and Die
- Control System
- Identify the five major systems of an extruder.
- Know the functions that the Feed System must perform.
- Identify the components associated with the barrel.
- Know the adaptor's job and the two major functions of the die.
- Identify which settings can be monitored and adjusted using the Control System.