Plastics: Plastics: Twin Screw Extrusion: The Extruder
- Course Format
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Training Time ?
- 39 to 78 minutes
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Closed Captioning
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Product ID
- Interactive Producer
- A. Routsis
- Original Content Producer
- A. Routsis Associates
This training is the first in a series of eight programs designed to provide training for anyone working in a production environment. The programs each use 3D animation and actual production footage to demonstrate complex concepts. Important safety precautions are stressed throughout these courses. "Twin Screw Extrusion: The Extruder" discusses the drive system of the extruder, the material feed system, the entire screw and barrel assembly, the die and adaptor, and the extruder control system.
Tailored for Twin Screw Extruders, these training courses provide specific information for profile, pipe, or compounding extruders. Whether you use a co-rotating or counter rotating extruder, the information will relate to the equipment, materials, and processes operating at your facility.
This training series with help teach any employee the concepts relating to the machine, material, process, quality, startup, shutdown, problem solving, material handling as well as the correct terminology associated with Twin Screw Extrusion.
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
For all personnel involved in Twin Screw Extrusion.
- Drive System
- Feed System
- Screw and Barrel
- Adaptor and Die
- Control System
- Identify the five major systems of an extruder.
- Know the functions that the Feed System must perform.
- Identify the components associated with the barrel.
- Know the adaptor's job and the two major functions of the die.
- Identify which settings can be monitored and adjusted using the Control System.