Plastics: Extrusion Blow Molding: Machinery
- Course Format
- Product ID
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Training Time ?
- 46 to 92 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Interactive Producer
- A. Routsis
- Original Content Producer
- A. Routsis Associates
Part two of the three part training Extrusion Blow Molding series focuses on machinery intricacies. The program was developed in partnership with the Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE).
The topics include a wide range of extrusion blow molding information and common procedures. Training for the Machinery program focuses on topics related to material preparation, forming, parts, flash removal, product testing and regrinding; as well as machine startup, shut down, color changes, and emergency situations.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
Anyone working with or going to work with Extrusion Blow Molding.
- Material Preparation
- Polymer Melting
- Part Forming
- Flash Removal, Product Testing & Regrind
- Startup: Preparation
- Startup: Purging
- Startup: Screw Rotation
- Color Change
- Shut Down
- Emergency Situations
- Know that material must be dried, blended and free of contamination.
- Understand that plastic is melted by friction within the extruder.
- Know how the material is shaped by the die head.
- Know that parts are trimmed and tested as required.
- Recall that regrind is re-used.