Plastics: Extrusion Blow Molding: Primer
- Course Format
- Product ID
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Training Time ?
- 46 to 92 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Interactive Producer
- A. Routsis
- Original Content Producer
- A. Routsis Associates
This three-part training series was developed in partnership with the Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE), and provides learners with an understanding of what's involved in Extrusion Blow Molding. The topics include a wide range of extrusion blow molding information and common procedures.
Program 1, Primers, focuses on handling material, the extrusion blow molding process, product testing, and understanding Polymers. Training also gives learners an understanding of the basic subject terminology.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
Anyone working with or going to work with Extrusion Blow Molding.
- Introduction to Extrusion Blow Molding
- Material Handling
- Extrusion Blow Molding
- Product Testing
- Continuous Blow Molding
- Basic Terminology
- Understanding Polymers
- Material Preparation
- Blow Molding Process
- Final Steps
- Know how material is received, inspected and stored.
- Know how the material is melted, extruded, formed and removed.
- Explain that some products require specific testing before being shipped.
- Know the different types of continuous blow molding machines.
- Identify the basic terminologies associated with extrusion blow molding.
- Know which materials are polymers and how they behave when heated.
- Know how driers, blenders, and feeders are used to produce good product.
- Recognize that melting and blending the plastic is the job of extruder.
- Recognize that trimming and other secondary operations may be needed.