Driving: Defensive Driving: Why Do We Drive the Way We Do?
- Course Format
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Training Time ?
- 40 to 80 minutes
- Browsers Supported
- Required Plugins
- Closed Captioning
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Product ID
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Technologies, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- Comprehensive Loss Management, Inc. (CLMI)
No browser plug-in required to play this version.
This training helps learners recognize that they are professional drivers and need to operate vehicles with professional attitudes and professional defensive-driving skills.
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
Training for anyone who drives a company or personal vehicle for work-related activities.
The Professional Driver
- Pay attention
- The routes taken
- Other considerations
- The rewards for the risks
- Recognizing risks
- Identifying problems
- Wanting the change
- Changing your behaviors
Understand the meaning of a professional driver.
- Acknowledge that anyone whose job includes driving is a professional driver.
- List the responsibilities of a professional driver.
Understand why people take risks while driving.
- Agree that taking risks is never considered acceptable.
- List incentives that motivate risk taking.
- Select safe driving techniques.
- Identify driving risks.
Take preventive steps to avoid driving problems.
- Recognize how unsafe driving can occur.
- List ways to anticipate and avoid driving problems.
Avoid distractions when you drive.
- Agree that it is an individual choice to avoid distractions.
- Define boredom as a distraction.
- Identify driving distractions.
Avoid situations that result in inattentive behavior.
- List things that cause inattentive driving behavior.
- Explain how the time of day can affect your driving.