Order Picker Safety
- Course Format
- Product ID
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Training Time ?
- 18 to 27 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Technologies, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- Comprehensive Loss Management, Inc. (CLMI)
Order pickers are used in many storage environments and are especially dangerous because the operator goes up and down with the load. This program focuses on best safety practices specific to this piece of equipment, including the use of fall protection. Additional topics covered include how the truck works, how to perform inspections, and how to safely operate the truck.
Twenty-two interactions capture and retain the learner’s attention and interest. Interactions help assess whether your workers are actually mastering the knowledge and skills necessary to work safely with powered pallet jacks.
When the system discovers an area where a worker is having difficulty, it patiently reviews that material until 100% of your workers respond correctly to 100% of the assessments for 100% of the training’s learning objectives.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
Training for all persons who operate an order picker.
How It Works
- Operator's platform
- Deadman pedal
- Control panel
- Pre-inspection checklist
- Types of order pickers
- Fall protection
- Traveling in an order picker
- Picking up a pallet
- Raising the platform
- Loading the pallet
- Traveling with the platform raised
- Unloading the pallet
Explain how an order picker works.
- Specify the location of the operator's controls.
- Locate the major components of an Order Picker.
- Explain how the Operating Controls of an Order Picker work.
- Identify alternative means of stopping the Order Picker.
Inspect an order picker.
- List cracked welds, leaky hydraulic systems, and faulty electronics as common problems to look for during an equipment inspection.
- Identify the components of a 'fall protection' system.
- Judge when the 'fall protection' system should be removed from service.
- Cite what to do if inspection reveals a problem with the equipment.
Operate an order picker safely.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the rules of safe travel in an Order Picker
- Identify the procedures by which the Order Picker may operate when the platform is raised.
- Relate the proper procedure for picking up pallets.
- Relate the proper procedure for raising the operator's platform.
- Describe proper platform positioning when loading a pallet.
- Plan the positioning of material on the pallet in order to prevent tipping the Order Picker.
- Identify the rated capacity of the Order Picker.