Sulfuric Acid & Hydrochloric Acid
- Course Format
- Product ID
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Training Time ?
- 74 to 148 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Interactive Producer
- Emergency Film Group
- Original Content Producer
- Emergency Film Group
This training identifies the hazards of acids and safe response to incidents involving acids. Corrosives have a destructive and irreversible effect on tissue. The program provides important safety information for workers who use, store or transport sulfuric or hydrochloric acid, as well as for emergency response personnel who might respond to an incident involving corrosives. Workers discover how to identify corrosive acids and learn about reactivity issues; neutralization operations; emergency medical operations; steps to take in an uncontrolled leak, spill, or fire; diking to control runoff; vapor control; and decontamination.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
- CEUs awarded
Employees who work around Sulfuric Acid or Hydrochloric Acid.
Properties & Uses of Acids
- Corrosive property
- Uses for sulfuric acid
- Uses for hydrochloric acid
- Protective clothing
- Safe storage
- Loading & off-loading
- Identifying a hazardous material
- Containers & placards
- Spill response
- Controlling a discharge
- Fire situations
- Managing victims
- Waste management
Discuss the physical and hazard properties of acids.
- Describe the corrosive effect of acids.
- Identify different forms of sulfuric acid and hydrochloric acid.
- Identify common uses of sulfuric acid.
Avoid injury by sulfuric acid and hydrochloric acid.
- Explain how the NFPA 704 system portrays the hazards of materials.
- Describe reactivity issues with sulfuric acid and hydrochloric acid.
- Explain the health hazards of sulfuric acid and hydrochloric acid.
Work safely with acids.
- Use proper protective clothing and equipment.
- Tell how to store acids safely.
- Describe proper loading or offloading safety precautions.
Respond safely to incidents involving sulfuric acid and hydrochloric acid.
- Describe containers and markings.
- List the priorities in responding to an acid leak or spill.
- Explain how to select protective clothing for use in a hot zone.
- Describe how to protect the environment during an incident.
- Explain how to respond to a fire when these acids are a factor.
- Describe how to manage run-off water from emergency operations.
Mastery awards 0.2 CEUs to participants who successfully complete this program.Mastery Technologies, Inc. has been approved as an Authorized Provider by: The International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) IACET - 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500
McLean, VA 22102