Laboratory Safety: The OSHA Formaldehyde Standard
- Course Format
Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Training Time ?
- 15 to 22 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition Wide
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- Android, Chrome, Internet Explorer 9, Internet Explorer 10, FireFox, Safari Mac OS, Safari iOS, Blackberry
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Technologies, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- Marcom, Ltd
The common use of formaldehyde combined with its dangerous properties has warranted OSHA’s creation of a specific standard for its use. This online video training course explains the OSHA Formaldehyde Standard by exploring the risks and explaining how to minimize those risks.
This video course teaches employees how to protect themselves when working with formaldehyde including wearing appropriate personal protective equipment, how to monitor their level of exposure, how to clean up in case of a spill, and first aid in case of accidental contact.
Formaldehyde is a dangerous but useful chemical used in labs. Employees who know how to work with it safely and how to properly handle exposures reduce the risk to themselves and other lab employees. Use this online training to help ensure the safety of your laboratory employees working with formaldehyde.
This course has been updated to include GHS container labels and Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for GHS compliance.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
- Formaldehyde & Your Health
- Monitoring For Formaldehyde
- Formaldehyde Labeling
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Cleaning Up Formaldehyde Spills
- First Aid