Electrostatic Discharge Control Training Program
- Course Format
- Product ID
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Training Time ?
- 39 to 78 minutes
- Video Format
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Interactive Producer
- Outbound Train
- Original Content Producer
- Outbound Train
This training, which is required for ISO certification, covers the basic concepts of Electrostatic Discharge Control.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
Training for anyone working with or around electronic components, such as computer components. ESD training is required for ISO certification.
- ESD Awareness
- Handling and Packaging
- Protected Areas
- Field Service
Understand ESD and the importance of ESD prevention.
- Describe static.
- Describe electrostatic discharge.
- Describe how electrostatic discharge occurs.
- Identify proper ESD procedures.
- Identify the causes of ESD.
- Identify insulators and conductors at your workstation.
- Define static materials.
- Identify how much static can damage a component.
- Describe catastrophic and latent failure.
- Discuss the costs of ESD damage.
Use proper ESD protective procedures in your work day.
- Identify precautions that should be taken in non-protected ESD areas.
- Understand the importance of grounding.
- Describe resistive and common point ground.
- Describe how to properly use and wear a wrist strap.
- State how often you should test a wrist strap.
- Describe how to test a wrist strap.
- Identify proper ESD protective packaging.
- State proper procedures for transporting electronic components.
Properly enter ESD protected areas.
- Recognize ESD protected areas.
- Describe ESD protective measures in ESD protected areas.
- Identify ESD garments and describe how to properly wear them.
- Describe ESD control measures used in these areas.
- Describe how to use toe, shoe or heel grounders.
- Describe how to test heel grounders.
- State that an ESD protected area is controlled.
Use proper ESD control techniques in the field.
- Use proper ESD control techniques when handling sensitive components.
- Remove static generating items from you work area.
- Describe the proper use of a dissipative mat.
- Describe how to ground yourself if an ESD field kit is not available.
- State how grounding is achieved.
- State the use of a disposable wrist strap.