Formaldehyde: The OSHA Standard
- Course Format
- Product ID
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Training Time ?
- 30 to 60 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Technologies, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- Samax Productions
This training details the safety measures all workers must take when working with Formaldehyde.
Many of the chemicals we come in contact with can be hazardous. Formaldehyde is no exception. Significant health hazards can occur from mishandling this chemical. They range from short term discomforts of minor burns or skin irritation; to chronic affects from a lifetime of overexposure. But you can work safely with Formaldehyde by following proper work practices.
Fulfilling the requirements of OSHA's Formaldehyde Standard, this training focuses on the rules, regulations, and procedures that are established for working with this chemical. Topics include knowing the potential health hazards, following the required Permissible Exposure Limits (PELs), and using protective measures such as lab hoods, other ventilation systems, and personal protective equipment. Training also teaches spill, cleanup, and decontamination procedures; first aid procedures; following the Medical Surveillance Plan, and more!
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
- CEUs awarded
Anyone working with or around Formaldehyde.
- Formaldehyde and Your Health
- Monitoring the Presence of Formaldehyde
- Training and Labeling
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Cleaning Up Formaldehyde Spills
- First Aid
- The Medical Surveillance Plan
Identify the health risks associated with Formaldehyde.
- List symptoms of overexposure.
- Describe the long term effects of Formaldehyde overexposure.
Monitor the presence of Formaldehyde.
- Define the OSHA Permissible Exposure Limit for Formaldehyde.
- Define the OSHA Short Term Exposure limit for Formaldehyde.
Attend all required Formaldehyde training.
- Identify the exposure limit at which OSHA requires annual training.
Follow proper labeling procedures when using Formaldehyde.
- Specify the type of labels that must be used on mixtures and solutions containing Formaldehyde.
- Agree that labels can lead you to the MSDS for further information.
Follow all safe work practices when working with Formaldehyde.
- List PPE that should be worn when working with Formaldehyde.
- Describe safe work practices that should be used with Formaldehyde.
Follow proper procedures in the event of a Formaldehyde spill.
- Describe what to do in the event of a large Formaldehyde spill.
- Describe what to do in the event of a small Formaldehyde spill.
Use proper first aid measure in the event of exposure to Formaldehyde.
- Describe First Aid measures for skin contact with Formaldehyde.
- Explain what to do if Formaldehyde splashes into the eyes.
- Describe what to do if someone swallows or inhales Formaldehyde.
Follow the Medical Surveillance plan for Formaldehyde.
- Identify the purpose of the OSHA Formaldehyde Medical Surveillance plan.
- Identify the steps prescribed by the Medical Surveillance plan for an employee adversely affected by Formaldehyde.
Mastery awards 0.1 CEUs to participants who successfully complete this program.Mastery Technologies, Inc. has been approved as an Authorized Provider by: The International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) IACET - 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500
McLean, VA 22102