Violence: Preventing Workplace Violence
- Course Format
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Training Time ?
- 39 to 58 minutes
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Closed Captioning
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Product ID
- Interactive Producer
- DSK Training Innovations and JBC Communications
- Original Content Producer
- Samax Productions
This training prepares the learner to recognize and act on the warning signs of violence, and know how to avoid or defuse potentially dangerous situations, minimizing the risk for physical confrontations on the job.
Thirty-one interactions actively involve the learner in the training. Lesson interactions provide the learner opportunities to apply what he or she has learned. The computer assesses the learner’s level of understanding of all learning objectives. All questions in this training are fully narrated. Narrations enhance comprehension and are welcome support for learners with reading skill deficits and when English is the learner’s second language. When the learner answers a question incorrectly the computer provides remedial instruction and reviews the material until the learner can answer correctly. Mastery’s exclusive Follow-up Review, standard in all Mastery Advantage courses, provides time-delayed reinforcement and review of the learner’s newly acquired knowledge. The Follow-up Review enhances the transfer of newly acquired knowledge to the learner’s long-term memory.
The Learner navigates through the training and its resources using the standard Mastery Control Bar. Course resources include a fully narrated glossary of terms. Each term is pronounced and its definition read aloud to the learner. A topical index provides a complete map to the instructional material. The learner can ask for all training information on any topic at any time during the lesson presentations. The learner can use the topical index as a reference source even after completing the training.
Closed Captioning is included. A complete transcript of all audio and video files is also provided with this training. Use the transcript file in conjunction with MODIFY to simplify customizations.
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
- CEUs awarded
Training for all workers.
- What is Workplace Violence
- How To Handle
- How To Report
Define workplace violence, its forms and those most vulnerable to it.
- Describe workplace violence and the forms it can take.
- Identify the types of jobs that are most vulnerable to Workplace Violence.
Identify contributing factors to and warning signs of workplace violence.
- Identify reasons why some employees become violent in the workplace.
- Differentiate between types of Warning Signs of Workplace Violence.
Identify steps to avoiding being drawn into a confrontation.
- Identify postive ways to resolve an argument.
- Identify ways to handle an irrational or abusive person.
Recognize the importance of reporting workplace violence.
- Identify the benefit of reporting workplace violence
- Identify to whom workplace violence should be reported.