Material Handling: Safe Stacking and Storage
- Course Format
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 32 to 64 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Technologies, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- Aspen Publishers
"Safe Stacking and Storage" is a must see for all shipping, receiving, warehouse, and material handling workers. This training covers in detail the four basic rules for safe stacking and storage.
This training will teach your workers how protect themselves and the materials they handle by using sound stacking and storage techniques.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
For all shipping, receiving, warehouse, and material handling workers.
- Safe Load
- Proper Clearance
- Container Shape
- Container Contents
Build a safe load.
- Compare the load's weight to safe stacking placement and height.
- Describe the safe base rule.
- Define cross-tying.
- Identify when cross-tying should be used.
Judge proper load clearance.
- Explain the concept of proper clearance.
- Identify areas that should always be kept clear.
Recognize the dangers of improper clearance.
- Describe consequences of ignoring clearance needs during storage.
- Explain how hazardous materials can affect clearance space.
Consider the shape when storing containers.
- State the storage technique for round containers.
- State the storage technique for cartons or boxes.
Locate information on stacking and storage.
- Identify ways to gather information about stacking and or or storing procedures.
Explain the dangers from improper storage.
- Evaluate why materials should be stacked neatly and securely.
Identify risks of storing materials.
- Assess the importance of knowing container contents.
- Describe common hazards from improper storage of hazardous materials.
- Evaluate personal responsibility for safety.
Identify hazardous contents.
- Locate information about container contents.
- Describe how to use labels properly.