- Course Format
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 80 to 160 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Interactive Producer
- Emergency Film Group
- Original Content Producer
- _Emergency Film Group
Anhydrous Ammonia Safety
Anhydrous Ammonia Safety teaches your workers about the hazards of Anhydrous Ammonia and how to respond safely to incidents involving this dangerous gas. This Ammonia Safety course uses exciting videos and animations to teach your workers the physical characteristics of Anhydrous Ammonia, how to avoid injury and what safety precautions to use when working with this dangerous gas. This online safety training course also teaches them how to respond during an emergency situation.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
All employees who work around Anhydrous Ammonia, and emergency response workers who may be involved in an incident involving Anhydrous Ammonia.
Characteristics & Uses
- Effects of heat
- Principal uses
- Illicit use
- Reactivity hazard
- Health hazard
- Flammability hazard
- Confined space hazards/case study
- Safety equipment for workers
- Federal regulations
- Safe transfer & transport
- Recognizing tanks
- Responder safety
- Fire situations
- Managing victims
Describe the physical characteristics and usefulness of anhydrous ammonia.
- Describe the effects of ammonia vapors.
- Explain what happens to liquid ammonia when it is heated.
- List ways that ammonia is used in industry.
- Describe how anhydrous ammonia is used illegally.
Avoid injury by anhydrous ammonia.
- Describe the reactivity hazard of anhydrous ammonia.
- Describe what happens when NH3 contacts human tissue.
- Describe the flammability hazard associated with NH3.
- Explain why confined spaces may exacerbate the hazards of NH3.
Take proper safety precautions when working with anhydrous ammonia.
- Describe how to properly store anhydrous ammonia.
- Recall the necessary safety equipment for using anhydrous ammonia.
- List the federal requirements that apply to anhydrous ammonia.
- Explain safety procedures for transferring and transporting NH3.
Respond safely to incidents involving anhydrous ammonia.
- Describe how to recognize tanks used to store or transport NH3.
- Explain safety measures to protect personnel entering the hot zone.
- Describe some basic mitigation activities for NH3 leaks.
- Explain the priorities in fire incidents involving NH3.
- Describe how to help victims at an anhydrous ammonia incident scene.