HAZMAT Legends: Analyzing the Incident
- Course Format
Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 31 to 41 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition Wide
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Technologies, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- _Emergency Film Group
In the case of a hazardous materials emergency, the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standard on hazmat competencies section on analyzing the incident relies on the science of deduction. It’s the process of gathering and making efficient sense of the facts.
This video introduces workers seeking HAZMAT training to the core competencies required to safely size up the situation when a HAZMAT emergency occurs. Specifically, it outlines practices for identifying unknown substances, for predicting their behavior and for estimating their potential harm. Learn from seasoned veterans of response teams how to analyze a HAZMAT emergency situation.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
Workers seeking HAZMAT training
- Survey The Incident to Identify Special Containers That Are Involved
- Identify Each Tank Car By Type
- Identify or Classify Unknown Materials
- Predict The Likely Behavior of Released Materials & Their Containers
- Estimate Potential Harm
- Identify Surrounding Conditions That Should Be Noted
- Determine If The Incident Is Potentially Criminal In Nature
- Estimate The Likely Size of The Endangered Area