HAZMAT Legends: Implementing the Response
- Course Format
Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 30 to 45 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition Wide
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Technologies, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- _Emergency Film Group
Hazardous materials can cause fires, explosions, and other dangerous situations. This HAZMAT safety training course is in the HAZMAT Legend series, and features experienced leaders of HAZMAT response efforts.
Drawing from personal experience, the responders discuss the steps involved in reacting to HAZMAT incidents. They begin with assessing the situation to determine a course of action, and continue on through several steps concluding with preserving evidence at the scene. A section on establishing and maintaining scene control covers using red tape around hot zones to keep people away, determining the need for evacuation, using monitors to assess a hot zone, and other scenarios.
Watch this course for practical information and training in responding to HAZMAT emergencies.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
All HAZMAT responders
- Implement The Planned Response to Favorably Change The Outcome
- Describe The Response Objectives for Hazardous Materials/WMD Incidents
- Establish and Maintain Scene Control
- Select the PPE Required For a Given Action Plan
- Minimize The Potential Harm From Heat and Cold Effects
- Ensure That Recognized Hazardous Materials/WMD Safe Practices Are Followed At An Incident
- Identify Safety Precautions For Potential Response Options
- Preserve Evidence At The Scene