Microsoft Word 2016 Level 2.7: Using Mail Merge to Create Letters, Envelopes and Labels
- Course Format
Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 14 to 22 minutes
- Video Format
- High Definition
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Training Content Network
- Original Content Producer
- Sonic Performance Support GmbH
When you have a letter to send to numerous people, your company’s customers for example, yet you still want to personalize each one, you should use the Mail Merge feature. This saves you from manually entering each person’s name and address on their letter, thus drastically reducing the likelihood of errors, as well as the time it would take to prepare all the documents. While Mail Merge is often used for sending letters, it can also be used to automate several other useful tasks, such as sending reminders of overdue payments to customers, printing individualized certificates, and filling out customized forms. This course demonstrates how to use Mail Merge to perform these tasks.
Before performing a Mail Merge there are certain steps you need to do and things you need to know. For example, you must create a main document containing all the information you want repeated in its subsequent copies. Mail Merge requires you to insert placeholders so it knows where to insert your personalized content. These placeholders are called merge fields, and this course shows you how to create them.
Mail Merge saves you an immense amount of time when trying to send customized copies of the same document. Utilize the materials presented here and gain an understanding of this valuable feature of Microsoft Word 2016.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
Word 2016 users
- Prepare for a Mail Merge
- Perform a Mail Merge
Prepare for a Mail Merge.
- Recall what the Mail Merge option in Word enables you to do.
- Identify compatible data sources.
- Recall the formatting requirements for the top row of the data source.
- Select the feature that enable you to link the data source to your document.
Perform a Mail Merge.
- Choose the option for manually matching data to particular fields.
- Select the Mail Merge option to insert the match field for the name of your customer.
- Recall how to confirm the data has merged.
- Locate the option to edit your merged letters or documents individually.