Microsoft Word 2016 Level 2.4: Using Templates to Automate Document Formatting
- Course Format
Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 16 to 24 minutes
- Video Format
- High Definition
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Training Content Network
- Original Content Producer
- Sonic Performance Support GmbH
When you create a document, you often must set up the page layout, the format, and which styles to use. If you have multiple documents with the same layout and styles, and even some of the same content, you can save time by basing your document on a template. Using a template creates a copy of the document so the existing content is not overwritten. Microsoft provides you with many templates, so you can start adding your own information right away. This course shows you how to create a document using a template, as well as how to create and modify the templates themselves.
When you create a new document, you have the option of basing it on a template. While you can look at a preview of each existing template to see if it is what you need, if you do not see what you are looking for then you can create your own. Making your own custom template, and later modifying it if you so desire, is a simple process you will be taught here.
If you know you want future documents done in a certain style or using a certain format, using a template saves you a tremendous amount of time. Utilize the information presented in this training video and learn how to create, modify, and manage templates in Microsoft Word 2016, thus making your document formatting a much simpler process.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
Microsoft Word 2016 users
- Using Templates to Automate Document Formatting
- Create a Document Using a Template
- Create a Template
- Modify a Template
- Manage Templates with the Template Organizer
Using templates to automate document formatting.
- List the components a template may consists of.
Create a document using a template.
- Identify what is meant by a field.
- List the benefits of using templates.
Create a template.
- Select the keyboard shortcut for viewing a macro button.
- Recall where the MacroButton title should be placed.
Modify a template.
- Recall how to save a modified template.
- Recognize the different options for accessing templates.
Manage templates with the Template Organizer.
- Locate the Template Organizer.