Windows 8.1: Using Windows 8.1 Security Features
- Course Format
Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 34 to 46 minutes
- Video Format
- High Definition
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Training Content Network
- Original Content Producer
- Sonic Performance Support GmbH
Your Windows password can act as the last line of defense between your private data and unwanted users. It is important for your password to be complex, but if it is too complex, it may be difficult for you to remember. There are advanced password creation techniques you will learn through this course, such as personal identification numbers and picture passwords, which may help you to find the balance between easy to remember and difficult to break.
Of course, this course pertains to more than just passwords. You can change your privacy settings in order to filter out unwanted information, and you can utilize a built-in Windows program called Defender in order to help secure your internet from would-be attackers. Should you desire to share your information with other individuals, you can utilize the SkyDrive to securely share files with people you want to have access to your materials.
Keeping your information safe is critical, so utilize the information here and learn how to better secure your personal information against those who may wish to steal it when using Windows 8.1.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
New users of Windows 8.1
- Create Alternate Passwords
- Change Your Password
- Change Privacy Settings
- Use Windows Defender
- Store and Share Files with SkyDrive
Create alternate passwords.
- Identify the benefits of creating alternate passwords.
- Recall the different types of passwords available to create.
Change your password.
- Identify the benefits of periodically changing your windows password.
- Identify what makes up a strong password.
Change privacy settings.
- Identify the types of privacy settings available through Windows 8.1.
- Recall how to control privacy settings for Internet Explorer.
Use Windows Defender.
- Describe what Windows Defender can do.
- Recall the different tabs available in the Windows Defender tab.
Store and share files with SkyDrive.
- Recall how to store a document in SkyDrive.
- Recall how to share a document in SkyDrive.