Ergonomics: To The Point
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 13 to 22 minutes
- Video Format
- High Definition
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Training Content Network
- Original Content Producer
- To The Point Communications, Inc.
Our workplaces are full of hazards, and one such hazard is the risk of developing a musculoskeletal disorder (MSD) due to subjecting parts of your body to awkward positions. Using proper work practice controls in both an office and industrial setting can help prevent these kinds of injuries from occurring. Learn about those practice controls, as well as what factors increase your odds of experiencing this kind of injury, through the information presented here.
For example, repetitive job tasks, poor workstation setups, awkward postures, and improper lifting techniques are all ways you can develop an MSD. When these kinds of ergonomic risk factors are controlled, ergonomic related injuries can be prevented. This course explains the signs and symptoms of musculoskeletal disorders. The course then demonstrates work practice controls for certain parts of the body, including the neck and back, arms and shoulders, and hands and wrists. Finally, proper lifting and carrying techniques to reduce your risk of an injury are also shown.
Utilize this course and learn how to use proper ergonomics to reduce the risk of suffering a musculoskeletal disorder.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
- The Ergonomics Program
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Engineering Controls
- Administrative Controls
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Work Practice Controls: Hands and Wrists
- Work Practice Controls: Arms and Shoulders
- Work Practice Controls: Back and Neck
- Lifting and Carrying Loads
- Reporting Symptoms of Musculoskeletal Disorders