Breathe Safely: The Proper Use of Respiratory Protection (Concise Version)
- Course Format
Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 10 to 18 minutes
- Video Format
- High Definition
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Training Content Network
- Original Content Producer
- _Educational Resources, Inc. (Safety)
Exposure to the gases, dusts, mists and fumes of hazardous chemicals can cause lung damage, cancer and other serious conditions of the respiratory and central nervous systems, as well as other organs. Therefore, respiratory protection is critical when working in conditions exposing you to respiratory hazards. This training focuses on how to use respiratory protection correctly.
This course explains the medical evaluation and fit testing process. There are different types of respirators and this training goes over the different types and how to ensure you’re choosing the right equipment for the job. Understanding the different types of filters on the breathing protection helps the worker know if they have been given the correct kind.
Remaining healthy on the job is incredibly important, therefore it is important to keep your respirators clean and sanitized after each use. This course demonstrates best practices for cleaning, disinfecting and storing respirators. Use this concise course as a refresher on respiratory protection, or to give someone a quick overview of the safe work practices necessary when using and maintaining your respiratory protection equipment.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
Workers exposed to breathing hazards
- Medical Evaluations and Fit Testing
- Assigned Protection Factors (APF's)
- Different Classes of Filters
- Types of Respirators
- Chemical Cartridge Respirators and PAPR
- Proper Use of Respirators
- Protection in an IDLH Atmosphere
- Cleaning, Disinfecting and Storing Respirators