HIPAA Rules and Compliance
- Course Format
Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 20 to 30 minutes
- Video Format
- High Definition
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Training Content Network
- Original Content Producer
- Marcom, Ltd
This course takes an in-depth look at the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. Anyone who operates in the health care business should have a practical understanding of HIPAA and its associated provisions to be compliant. Furthermore, anyone as a patient should understand the act and their subsequent rights.
The course explains the privacy, security, and enforcement rules. In addition, it covers protected information, covered entities, associates, and subcontractors, disclosure, and what happens if a breech occurs and the associated penalties.
Don’t let HIPAA scare you. It’s a fundamental requirement of being in the health care industry, so use this course among your staff to ensure your team has a firm understanding of its provisions and consequences if not followed properly.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
Anyone who needs to understand HIPAA rules
- HIPAA and Protected Health Information
- Covered Entities, Business Associates and Subcontractors
- PHI and Patients' Rights
- Guidelines for Use and Disclosure of PHI
- Using PHI for Marketing and Fundraising
- Requirements of the HIPAA Security Rule
- Breach Notification and Penalties