Back to Course List
Forklift: Driving Safety
- Course Format
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 22 to 33 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Interactive Producer
- Multimedia Access, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- _Multi-Media Access, Inc. (MMAX)
This training covers how critical it is to perform regular inspections because of the daily wear and tear that forklifts endure as well as teach proper safe driving procedures.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
All forklift operators.
The course presents the following topical areas:
- Starting Your Shift
- Rules of The Road
Intended Performance Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course you will be better prepared to:
Follow proper shift startup procedures.
- Identify when to perform inspections.
- Explain what to do with a forklift in need of repair that is unsafe
- Identify the areas of the forklift that must be checked daily.
- Identify vehicle types used in your facility.
- Cite the importance of correct types of tires.
- Identify refueling and battery charging procedures.
Obey the rules for pedestrians and obstructions.
- Identify your plant's traffic and safety rules.
- Identify the safe turning rules.
- Indicate the rules for forklifts and emergency vehicles.
- State the rule for the safe distance.
- State the rules for passing a forklift.
- Define when a forklift is unattended.
- Explain what to do when a forklift is left unattended.
- Cite the safety rules for operating a forklift on an elevator.
- Cite some of the rules for operating a motorized hand truck.
Avoid forklift accidents.
- Identify general rule for driving a forklift on a grade or ramp.
- Explain how to drive across railroad tracks.
- State minimum distance between a parked forklift an railroad tracks
- List the precautions before driving a forklift onto a docked truck.
- Agree to stay away from the edge of the dockboard.