Microsoft Excel 2016 Level 1.4: Formatting a Worksheet
- Course Format
Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 30 to 40 minutes
- Video Format
- High Definition
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Training Content Network
- Original Content Producer
- Sonic Performance Support GmbH
This training video helps new and experienced Excel users create more attractive and readable spreadsheets in Excel 2016. Using step-by-step processes, the video explains how to change the font, font size and format the spreadsheet’s name and column labels. Viewers learn how to use the format painter tool to quickly apply formatting changes to single or multiple cells. The ease and utility of creating hyperlinks to other Excel worksheets or workbooks, to areas in a worksheet, or to a web page, is illustrated in detail, as well as toggling between workbooks. The video demonstrates how easy it is to apply number formats to a worksheet to affect how cell contents are displayed. Viewers learn how to apply currency and accounting formatting and the differences between them; how to format dates, percentages, fractions and more.
Excel data readability is significantly affected by the alignment of cell contents. This training demonstrates the use of right alignment, left alignment, and centering, aligning content to the top or bottom of the cell. It also shows how to merge cells and align the contents of the expanded cell and wrap text. Viewers also learn how to apply cell styles and themes to save time and to create a consistent appearance. Using conditional formatting to affect how data is displayed in a spreadsheet is detailed. The trainer also explains how to create and save a custom template that contains all the formatting and facilitates sharing of a standardized document.
Excel 2016 has simplified formatting a spreadsheet and this course shows viewers how to use the program’s tools to create a visually appealing and easy-to-read display of data.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
New and experienced Excel users
- Apply Text Formats
- Apply Number Formats
- Align Cell Contents
- Apply Cell Styles and Themes
- Apply Basic Conditional Formatting
- Create and Use Templates
Apply text formats to cells.
- Recall how to change the font and size of all the cells at one time.
- Identify what hyperlinks are used for in Excel spreadsheets.
Apply number formats to cells.
- Identify the formatting options available in the Number dialog box on the Home tab.
Align cell contents.
- Recall alignment defaults for numeric and textual data.
- Recall how to use the Merge & Center option.
Apply cell styles and themes.
- Recall benefits of applying cell styles and themes in Excel.
- Recall which types of workbook formatting are not included in themes.
Apply basic conditional formatting.
- Identify the types of conditional formatting available Excel 2016.
Create and use templates.
- Recall how to create a template in Excel 2016.