Legal Interviewing: Asking The Right Questions
- Course Format
Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 19 to 34 minutes
- Video Format
- High Definition
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Training Content Network
- Original Content Producer
The job interviewing process is strictly regulated by both federal and local laws. Regardless of a manager’s experience in interviewing candidates, it is imperative they know the legal aspects of interviewing and the consequences for conducting interviews that reflect workplace discrimination.
Beginning by highlighting the basis and justification for workplace discrimination protection laws, this course shows interviewers the full extent of topics they cannot discuss during a job interview or use as the basis for denying a job candidate employment. From race, color, and religion to family status, pregnancy and age, each of the multitude of illegal interview topics are presented with in depth explanations and examples. Learners are then shown how to prepare for interviews and ask the types of question that are permissible and why.
Use this course to ensure all interviews at your company are non-discriminatory and in complete compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
HR and managerial employees responsible for conducting job interviews
- Race, Color And National Origin
- Gender, Gender Identity And Sexual Orientation
- Marital Status, Family Status And Pregnancy
- Genetic Information And Medical History
- Arrest And Criminal Records
- Drug Or Alcohol Use
- Height, Weight And Personal Appearance
- Military Service
- Preparing For The Interview
- Candidate Interjections And Taking Notes
- Resumes And Social Media
- Equal Treatment